Friday, December 30, 2005
I'm on freaking vacation!
*twitch* I'm trying to relax here. I've got menfolk surrounding my house, banging on the walls and peering through my windows.
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
If you read this, if your eyes are passing over this right now, (even if we don't speak often) please post a comment with a COMPLETELY MADE UP AND FICTIONAL memory of you and me. It can be anything you want — good or bad — BUT IT HAS TO BE FAKE.
When you're finished, post this little paragraph on your blog and be surprised (or mortified) about what people DON'T ACTUALLY remember about you.
Monday, November 28, 2005
3 cups cooked broccoli
6 hunks of leftover turkey
1 can cream of chicken soup (or approved equal)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Ppreheat oven to 350. Arrange broccoli in bottom of 9x9 glass baking dish. Lay turkey on top of broccoli. Mix soup, mayo, and lemon juice and pour over turkey. Mix butter and bread crumbs, sprinkle over top. Bake 30 mins, or until heated through.
Can also be made with left over chicken. My sister is vegitarian so I've used Morningstar Farms' new chick'n strips, which turned out pretty good.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Earlier this evening I made sweet potatoes. I set them on the stove to cool off and went to watch Lost. After Lost was over I went back down to the kitchen to put a cover on the casserole dish and put it in the fridge. I was looking in the cupboard for the cover and was thinking that I probably don't have the exact cover, but maybe another one will fit. I grabbed a lid that looked like it might be the right size and turned to the stove to try it on. Lid was round, dish was square. kinda funny, but not that funny, yet I fell into an uncontrollable laughing fit.
Friday, November 18, 2005
I've decided to try my hand at the list of 50 things you don't know about me.
1. My favorite color is purple
2. I still feel guilty about lying to Mike Ford in 6th grade.
3. There is no 3. I say this in an attempt to be cool like other moaties.
4. I am not religious or spiritual.
5. I was raised Catholic, but never grasped the spiritual aspect of it. Until I was in 5th grade I thought going to church was something everyone did, like going to school. I was surprised to find out that not everyone is Catholic.
6. I am not a big fan of Christmas and I hate Christmas Music
7. My mother was murdered on the Monday following Thanksgiving by her crack addict boyfriend in 1999.
8. In my last conversation with her I had refused to stop by her apartment on Thanksgiving because he would be there.
9. I have a myriad of health problems including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
10. I'm not even 30 yet and I'm on 5 different prescription medications. This depresses me sometimes.
11. I was taking The Pill for CAH, but was told to stop taking it as it could be raising my blood pressure. I am miserable with out it.
12. I don't have any close RL friends
13. I can make important decisions quickly, less important decisions I tend to over think.
14. I was named after a character on the Waltons.
15. My sister was named after a character on the sitcom Too Close For Comfort.
16. When I was a kid I used to sit in my closet with my pillow and comforter and read.
17. I am very easily amused and in a good mood most of the time.
18. I'm very egotistical about some things. I think I'm the smartest person at the company I work for.
19. I am the lizard king, I can do anything.
20. I hate country music except for Willie Nelson because I find him amusing.
21. My mother listened to country music.
22. My mother was an alcoholic, drug addict (prescription pain killers), compulsive liar, cheater, possible sex addict, and generally self-destructive.
23. I've made a great effort to be nothing like my mother.
24. The thought of posting this list frightens me because I don't like people to know how messed up I am.
25. I like to make things as easy as possible.
26. I got the job I have now because I went to school with the VP of the company. I can't stand the guy, but I knew he liked me (not romantically) and I figured it was easier then actually interviewing for a job
27. I don't talk much. The only thing I've said today is "good morning" to the receptionist.
28. I can't spell and my writing skills are lacking.
29. I don't lie. (With the exception of #2)
30. I don't like political correctness. If you think that women are stupid bitches and aren't qualified to be anything more then housewives, let me know. That way I will know to avoid you and/or key your vehicle.
31. I have written a fan letter to an actor.
32. I met my first boyfriend online playing Star Craft on Battlenet. He was a computer game programmer from L.A.
33. My great-great-grandmother was Native American.
34. I want to fly like an eagle to the sea, fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me. Or maybe that's just the Steve Miller Band talking.
35. I currently have 2 cats. They are named Bailey and Chloe.
36. We used to have 2 cats, one black one white, named Scotch and Soda
37. I'm extremely frugal. When I needed to buy a car, I chose the cheapest one on the lot.
38. I paid off my car loan yesterday.
39. When I was in my early teens, my mother asked me if I was gay. She didn’t understand why I wasn’t interested in boys; especially since she was sexually active by the time she was 14. I am not gay. NTTAWWT
40. In high school I listened to bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam and others that were considered “Alternative”. My mother thought alternative = gay, and went around telling everyone about how “alternative” I was.
41. It is my theory that homosexuality is genetic and that it is a built in safety factor to prevent humans from over populating the Earth. This safety factor would be a lot more effective if people were more accepting
42. When I was around 12 years old, I would read Stephen King’s books and laugh my ass off. I thought they were hilarious. Then the scary clown turned into a ginormous spider and the children hit it with their slingshot. Now that’s funny
43. Alton Brown from Good Eats on the Food Network is my perfect man. He’s funny, smart, cute, kinda nerdy, and he can cook.
44. I am pro choice.
45. I don’t like being surrounded by people. I once went to a Wal-Mart on a Saturday and had to leave the store because there were too many people there.
46. I like to do things for myself and don’t like asking for help. Except for plumbing issues, as my father is a plumber and it’s good to let the old man feel useful once in a while.
47. I like to swim.
48. I have a crush on my high school computer science teacher. I even asked him out once. Luckily he said no, because I would have freaked out if he said yes.
49. I love Starbucks Mochas, but having caffeine makes me feel like I’m dieing.
50. I don’t drink very often, but I do like Guinness.
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Independent yet still part of a large community, frogs are unique creatures known for their distinctive sound and ability to hop. As a frog, you spend your days sitting on lily pads or climbing trees, searching for delicious insects to eat. While there are some frogs that aren't exactly cute, you are certainly not one of those!
You were almost a: Mouse or a Bear Cub
You are least like a: Lamb or a SquirrelCute Animal Test!
Friday, October 14, 2005
Apparently, it's really common and not a big deal, but it sounds impressive and I can probably use it as an excuse to take a few days off.
Sorry boss, my cytomegalovirus is acting up and I'm not going to make it into work.
They tested me for a bunch of different viruses, one of which was Cat Scratch Fever. That would have been even better to call into work with.
Sorry I'm late boss, I got too close to a catnip mouse and next thing I knew, it was an hour later and I was swatting at imaginary flies. meow.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Monday, October 03, 2005
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Saturday, September 24, 2005
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Monday, September 19, 2005
36% partner focus, 28% aggressiveness, 45% adventurousness
You prefer your romance and love to be traditional rather than daring or out-of-the-ordinary, you would rather be pursued than do the pursuing and, when it comes to physical love, you concentrate more on enjoying the experience rather than worrying about your performance.
This places you in the Lover Style of: The Classic Lover.
The Classic Lover is a wonderful Lover Style, and is the closest it comes to the classic images of the princess in the tower, or the romantic and chivalrous knight, or the hero/heroine from a Disney film. The Classic Lover is a treasure to find, though it can be difficult to do so because they sometimes tend to be shy and/or difficult to successfully court.
In terms of physical love, the Classic Lover again can be shy, and often needs more in terms of emotional security to feel comfortable than some of the other Types. Given the right setting, and the right lover, the Classic Lover can be a delight in bed.
Best Compatibility can probably be found with: The Romantic Lover (most of all) or the Devoted Lover, or the Liberated Lover.
Thanks Again! -- THE LOVER STYLE PROFILE TEST
This is pretty accurate
Friday, September 16, 2005
43 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 34% Dork
For The Record:
A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.
This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.
I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.
If you enjoyed this test, I would love the feedback!
Thanks Again! -- THE NERD? GEEK? OR DORK? TEST
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Friday, September 09, 2005
My dad has a new puppy. The puppy’s name is Buddy and he is a miniature pincer. My Aunt took this picture with her state-of-the-fart CrapCam™. For you titsperverts, the photo includes a nice shot of my ramparts (in blue) and my sister’s (in pink). Nice job cropping the picture Auntie.
One of my hobbies is knitting. If anyone has any dog sweater patterns they can share with me e-mail me or post them in the comments.
Friday, September 02, 2005
this is the car I mentioned a few posts ago. It's a 2002 Cavalier. It's not fancy but it's mine and I loves it.
Although, I wish I had a chopper. Or a boyfriend with a chopper. Wish I knew how to ride a chopper.
edit 05/08/08 - I had links to Oakland County Choppers up there ^ but I've removed them because I was getting a lot of hits from google image search.
Sunday, August 28, 2005
The pictures really don't do the color justice. Coral pink and teal. I don't like the vanity, but I don't have the money to replace it right now. Instead, I'm just gong to paint the cabinets. I don't know what I'm going to do with the floor. It's those vinyl peel n stick tiles. The previous owner didn't do a very good job of it. There are 1/4" gaps between some of the tiles. The new color theme is lavender and chrome. Do they make chrome floor tiles?
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace
I like to think (and
the sooner the better!)
of a cybernetic meadow
where mammals and computers
live together in mutually
like pure water
touching clear sky.
I like to think
(right now, please!)
of a cybernetic forest
filled with pines and electronics
where deer stroll peacefully
as if they were flowers
with spinning blossoms.
I like to think
(it has to be!)
of a cybernetic ecology
where we are free of our labors
and joined back to nature,
returned to our mammal
brothers and sisters,
and all watched over
by machines of loving grace.
I realize that posting this poem on a blog isn't a very original idea, but I like it. It's from the book "The Pill versus The Springhill Mine Disaster" writen in the late 60's
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
It was asked, What music does a female Engineer listen to? Since I graduated from High School in the mid nineties, most of the music I like is from that time period: Alice in Chains, Tool, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Black Crows, Sarah McLachlan, Stabbing Westward, Weezer, Counting Crows. The summer after I graduated I got a job at a small Land Surveying Company doing drafting work from 4:00 pm to midnight. Most of the people I worked with were kids my age that had taken drafting in High School. They introduced me to Rage Against the Machine, for which I am truly grateful. Sing it with me:
Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me!
Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me!
Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me!
One of the guys I worked with, Fred, was really into Techno: Orbital, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Death in Vegas, DJ Shadow, Massive Attack (the theme song to House is Teardrop by Massive Attack), Tricky, and Machines of Loving Grace. I had such a crush on Fred but, being a socially inept nerd, I had no idea what to do about it.
When I went away to college, I made friends with a girl who lived in my dorm. She introduced me to Ministry.
Lately I’ve been listening to Cake a lot. It’s upbeat and helps work go by quicker.
I think that’s enough for now. I’ll post more on the subject some other time.
The title of this post reminds me of my first year in college. I was studying Architecture at Kent State University in Kent Ohio. Because I had been a good student in High School and had high ACT and SAT scores (read: nerd) I was invited to be in Kent State’s “Honor College”. This entitled me to a small scholarship and the opportunity to live in one of the dorms set aside for Honor College members. I also had the chance to take certain Honor’s courses. For example, instead of taking a basic English class I could take an English Colloquium class. We had our choice of topics for the Colloquium and I chose “Myth and Religion”. One of our assignments was to read selected essays by Michel de Montaigne and write our own essay in a similar style. The style of the essays was sort of like this: the title would be “On (some topic)” and he’d start off on topic but then digress to something completely different. They were very “I think this that and the other and I’m right because I’m so awesome”. My essay was “On Books”. It started off about how my grandma had taught me how to read and how my mom refused to read the Little Bear books to me and somehow ended up about how I don’t like “neo-classical” architecture. I got an A.
Sunday, August 21, 2005
I'm new this whole blogging thing, so I don't know what to write about. My life is pretty boring. I'll I have is work and my recent interest in my health issues. I think that the health stuff may be a little TMI. As far as work, I enjoy the work but the job sucks.
The stat counter info for the blog is fascinating. Someone from Singapore found my blog from doing a web search for "upload wav file blog"
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
I've recently started seeing a new doctor. She's been having me run around getting a bunch of different tests done to see what all is wrong with me. Since my father is diabetic, as was his mother and maternal grandmother, Doc sent me to have a glucose tolerance test done. The test went like this: I couldn't eat for 10 hours before hand. I had to be at the hospital at 7:00 am to get registered. Then they drew blood and had me pee in a cup. They ran a bunch of tests to see if the could do the glucose test. 1.5 hours later, they had me drink about 12 oz of a really sweet cola tasting beverage. 1 hour after that, again with the blood draw and the peeing in the cup. And again an hour after that. And once more an hour after that. The whole time I couldn't eat, drink, or leave the hospital.
Today I had an appointment with Doc to go over the test results. Happily, I have no sugar issues. To celebrate, I had a Twix bar and I plan to follow it with some baklava.
Monday, August 15, 2005
Saturday, January 01, 2005
[18:09] mutual_loveall: i always pray to God to give me a white woman
NTTAWWT. soon after that he was telling me he'd like us to meet and wanted me to come to africa for christmas
[18:48] mutual_loveall: suppose i met you on time i would have invited you to spend this xmas with me
[18:49] trillian1977: in africa?
[18:50] mutual_loveall: yes
[18:50] mutual_loveall: cafrica is a nice place
[18:51] trillian1977: i'm sure it is, but i don't have a passport
[18:51] mutual_loveall: you can get it within two weeks
[18:52] mutual_loveall: all you need is your socail security number and the passport
hmm wonder how he knows so much about the process
[18:53] trillian1977: right now it's taking 6 weeks to get a passport
[18:54] mutual_loveall: that's serious
[18:55] trillian1977: yes. we now need a passport to go over to cananda, so lots of people are applying for one
[18:55] mutual_loveall: you should have gotten it
[18:56] mutual_loveall: it's good for future use
[18:56] trillian1977: i suppose so, but i don't plan to travel out of the country. i can't afford to
[18:58] mutual_loveall: should not be more dan $6,000
[18:59] trillian1977: that a lot of money
[18:59] mutual_loveall: hey! dont say that
[18:59] trillian1977: that is 2 and a half months of my salary
[19:00] mutual_loveall: dont you save?
[19:01] trillian1977: i can't, i'm barely getting by as it is with the house payment and car payment, utillities, insurance
[19:01] mutual_loveall: ok
I thought I'd let him know there was no money to be had here, to see if that would put him off. Supprisingly, it didn't. For the next few weeks we chatted off and on. He started proffessing his love for me and kept badgering me for a pic of myself. I explained that i didn't have one, and said I had no way of getting one, but he still kept asking for it. And he kept asking me "hw you control your self sexualy" huh? I'm still not sure what that was supposed to mean. Finally, on 12/21/2007, we got to what he was really after.
[15:39] mutual_loveall: so,whta do u have for me in the xmas?
[15:39] trillian1977: haha
[15:40] mutual_loveall: what is funny ?
[15:41] trillian1977: the thought of my having something for you for x-mas. why would i?
[15:42] mutual_loveall: does it sound strange?
[15:42] trillian1977: yes
[15:43] mutual_loveall: i dont think so
[15:44] mutual_loveall: does it mean yopu cant help me?even if am in a problem
[15:44] trillian1977: depends on the problem
[15:48] mutual_loveall: even as i'm talking to you now, am broke
[15:48] trillian1977: sorry to hear that
[15:49] mutual_loveall: srry,is not a solution ti it
[15:49] trillian1977: i don't think there is much i could do to help
[15:50] mutual_loveall: come on you are blessed already
[15:51] mutual_loveall: bcos,i blieve you dont lack anything
[16:00] mutual_loveall: i dont know hw am going to celebrate the xmas,bcos am broke
[16:02] trillian1977: i am sorry to hear that. but, to me, the most important part of christmas is being able to spend time with your loved ones
[16:05] mutual_loveall: not even the xmas is the is issue,wat am saying i dont have money now
[16:05] mutual_loveall: just broke girl
[16:06] trillian1977: i feel your pain. i'm barely getting by myself.
well, that didn't work out quite like he planned. the next day he changed tactics
[10:53] mutual_loveall: can u do me a favour?
[10:53] trillian1977: perhaps
[10:53] mutual_loveall: i want to come over
[10:53] mutual_loveall: can send for my coming over?
[10:54] trillian1977: why do you want to come?
[10:55] mutual_loveall: that has been my dream
[10:57] trillian1977: i don't think i know you or your intentions well enough to do that
[10:58] mutual_loveall: you are my intention and my target
[10:59] mutual_loveall: i have know as a very nice and good person
[10:59] mutual_loveall: i ever met online
[11:00] mutual_loveall: despite i have never seen ur pix
[11:02] mutual_loveall: pls,i will most happiest man on earth if u can help me with that
[11:03] trillian1977: i cant do that, it would be irresponsible of me to do so
[11:07] mutual_loveall: we could be soulmate
[11:08] trillian1977: i dont feel we are
[11:09] mutual_loveall: look at it and start feeling it
[11:13] mutual_loveall: talk to me pls?
[11:13] trillian1977: about what
[11:13] mutual_loveall: my coming over
[11:14] trillian1977: i won't help you with that
he still IMs me from time to time. i find it amusing to chat with him